Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lots of creations

We had a lovely week at Fingal Bay last week, it's so gorgeous there, we love it, only an hour away, but you feel like you are a million miles from anywhere. No distractions and no work, yay! I did take the sewing machine and overlocker with me, but so that I could have a play, I am totally loving creating funky duds at the moment. I also knitted up a storm, finishing off a few projects and starting on a couple of new ones.

What I did:
- 3/4 of boardshorts for me, they just need the elastic and hemming to finish off
- finished the black rainbow shorties, OMG they look amazing, I am so thrilled with how they turned out and they fit Maia absolutely perfectly, so pretty happy with that
- bamboo dishcloth in seed stitch got finished off, mainly because I forgot to bring the normal dishcloths with me lol. I am so in love with how well it worked, only problem is that I left it behind, so it has probably been thrown away now *cry cry cry* Will have to make more ASAP!
- started on the spotty shirred dress and dora shorts for the NC secret swap
- green and blue punk knitters soaker, this was for the secret swap, but ended up a bit smaller than anticipated - I knew I should have done a guage swatch hehe
- started on the orange and purple stripey punk knitters soaker - my new swap soaker
- had fun ordering 26 yards of stunning fabric from the states with Vanessa, we are going to have soooo much fun when that arrives!

Phew! So much for a holiday hey ;) It was very relaxing, there was a playground right outside the door pretty much, so I could knit and sew while the kiddies had a blast, plus Brad and I took turns at doing our relaxing stuff. I do wish I had gone for a few more early nights though as I am struggling a bit this week.

No comments: