Sunday, December 30, 2007

A lovely Christmas :)

Well Christmas Eve was a HUGE night, we took the kids out to look at the Christmas lights, found a great street where one of the Dad's was dressed as Santa. Patrick was very cute, grilling Santa and asking how the sleigh could work with no snow and how he could possibly make it to all the houses in the world lol.

Unfortunately the kids didn't go to bed until after 10, which was the time we started wrapping presents and organising Christmas food, and when I started sewing their Christmas clothes! Needless to say it was a very late night, thank goodness for Brad's dad coming earlier in the day and helping clean up!

Patrick got a t-shirt with an appliqued star in 'his' special polka dot fabric, he was a bit disapointed as he wanted a whole polka dot shirt, but I think that is a bit past my humble sewing capabilities at the moment. I also made some denim shorts with the polka dot fabric pockets and a smaller star applique on the front. I used red jeans stitch for topstitching which looked awesome, it's the first time I have used it for clothing, I love it.

For Maia, she got a dress made out of a pattern I have had for about 2 years - it is nice to finally sew it up. I used a combo of red polka dot and white fabric with strawberries, so it was red for Christmas, but not so Christmassy that she couldn't wear it at other times.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, except the white fabric was a little too sheer, so you could see the yoke fabric through the front, but it could just be me being extra fussy LOL.

I still have to add the ribbon and ric rac to the ruffle layers too. Maia lurves her pretty dress, she didn't want to take it off.




We also had a fun weekend full of stress before Christmas, Patrick went from being an Angel, surprising me with tidying his room without me even asking, to having some fun with paint!!






It took him a loooooong time to clean all that up and we are still finding splatters of red paint on the cupboards. He wanted to make me a picture of the rain, so covered his hands in the red paint and shook them to get the splatter - very artistic of him ;)



It was a lovely time though, I banned everyone from Computers for Christmas Day and Boxing Day, that was a bit too much for our visitors, I think they lasted until brekky on Boxing Day ;) At least the computer time was much less than usual on Boxing Day. We had our traditional big brekky on Christmas Day with Brad's Dad and Boxing Day ended up being more like our Christmas Day, with stacks of food (so much that Lachlan actually threw up from over eating!), a big cooked brekky, table full of dips, cheese, choccys, fruit etc and a big dinner too. Patrick and Maia had a ball playing with their cousins and it's been a lovely week.

But the quick break is finished and it is back to work now. We got a shipment of 55 boxes of nappies on Thursday, so the garage finally got cleaned out so we had somewhere to put them. Very excited about the launch next Sunday, but LOTS to do before then! And I shouldn't really complain, as we still have camping in January to look forward to.

No comments: