Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fun fairy skirts

One of Patrick's friends had a birthday a couple of weeks ago and she had a fairy/magical dress up party, so I needed to make Patrick and Maia some outfits. I found a great tutorial for making a no sew tutu and it was pretty easy. I was thrilled with how Maia's fairy and Patrick's pixie skirt turned out.

Maia's was just strips of tulle cut about 20-25 inches long, differing lengths, cos I thought 20 inches was too short, but only found that out after I started making it lol. Patrick's was done a little differently, as I didn't want it to look so much like a tutu - he was a pixie ;). I cut the tulle for his into petal shapes and it was much longer, so not as puffy - much more manly - well as manly as a petal skirt can be ;)



2 comments:

Lis said...

lovely!
you have gorgeous kids :)

ChopSuey said...

awww thanks lis :)