Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Black Rainbow Shorties


Irene from Jolly Jumbuck (http://www.jollyjumbuck.net/) is a genius and I have her to thank for getting me well and truely hooked on knitting! She owed me some stuff from a trade we had done earlier in the year and when we first organised the trade, I was going to get her to knit some woolies, but I decided that perhaps I could trade for some addi's and wool instead and knit something myself.
Well what I got was spectacular, the black rainbow wool was to die for, vibrant rainbow colours, it looked like licorice allsorts. When I started knitting it up, even Brad went wow for real (and not just to make me feel like he is interested in what I am doing lol). I also got some Spring Zing and Ice Cream Princess on Maia - just had to have that one cos of the name - they both still need to find suitable projects.




The black rainbow was crafted into my third pair of shorties and I am happy to say that my knitting was up to the standard this gorgeous wool deserved - no mistakes at all :D Here are some pics - this is over our biggest night nappy - a large lotus, they somehow fit just as well over training pants which is awesome. I wasn't 100% happy with how the frill came out, but I think that is just my perfectionist nature, cos I don't hate it enough to frog it ;)
Thanks Irene!

No comments: