Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

A bit late, but that seems to be the way it is with me at the moment ;) Maybe that should be one of my new year's resolutions, no more being late.... hmmm not quite sure how to make that happen hehe.


NYE was pretty quiet for us, Brad had to work, so it was just me and the kiddies. We went into town with Leah and fam to watch the fireworks. Kids loved it, although Maia got a bit scared and was happier sitting in my lap than jumping around like Patrick was.
We came home afterwards and although they told me they weren't tired, this was my two beautiful cherubs by the time we got back, awwwww. Then a spot of knitting whilst having a bacardi breezer watching the fireworks on telly and that was it - very tame!


I have a couple of resolutions for the New Year as 2007 had it's ups and definately had it's downs, but the worst part is that it seemed to fly by so past, I've misssed out on so many things. I've been a very slack friend and not been in touch anywhere near as much as I should have with my friends and family, so I want to make sure that is a priority in 08. I also want to declutter our house and get our budget back on track - there is no way we will be going to Italy next year if we don't start seriously pulling finger and saving some $$. We have to get rid of our crap too, because paying storage fees for crap we barely use is such a waste and really, if something has sat in a box for 5 years, do you really need it ;)

And most importantly, I want work to be more like a job and less like my entire life, there is no point having a fab business if you are going to kill yourself with overworking. I've been feeling so overwhelmed with it all for the past few months, I really want to get past that and be able to have a few nights off, instead of working every single night (unless I fall asleep with the kids because I am too tired). Which brings me to my last resolution - get more sleep, I would prefer to look like I am on the young side of my nearly mid 30's, not the old side ;)
Happy New Year!

No comments: