Sunday, January 6, 2008

Current WIP's

Wow four posts in a row - can you tell I am procrastinating about getting stuck into the packing ROFL.

Currently on the needles I have a knitted skirt for Maia. I'm just using plain colours (pale pink, eggplant type colour and sage in random thick/thin stripes) as I didn't want to use one of my pretty wools in case I stuffed it as I started this on NYE and I couldn't be bothered looking up a pattern. I could have gone to Ravelry (sp) for the first time, but I was too worried that I would get sidetracked with all the fab stuff and not actually get the skirt started - I got my invite about five weeks ago, but have been too scared to look until I get some currently unfinished projects out of the way - I would end up with about 100 WIP's lol. Anyway, I decided to just use my shorties pattern with an enclosed waistband and continue my increases past the hips and to the bottom of the skirt instead of stopping them at the hips. I'm tossing up whether to put some short rows in or not - I might on the next one if I think I need it. Hopefully it will work OK. It's nice and easy and should knit up pretty quickly.

I also have to do the i-cord to finish off my russia PK soaker and get that off with the other collection of stuff I have here, one package went last week and I hope to get another off this week.

I want to finish my boardies before we go camping and if possible make another pair for Brad - this time with the fabric around the right way, so he doesn't look like he wants to be back in the eighties with shiny shorts ;) I also want to do a shirred top for me, cos I think it will be pretty hot and I don't really have any singlets or anything that aren't daggy as, I've got some great voile so it will be nice and cool.

Tomorrow I will try and finish off the curtains for patrick and maia's shelving. The curtains are all done, but I changed my mind on the applique when I saw it. I was just going to do 'P' and 'M', but there is plenty of space for their whole names and I think it will look better. I went and got some more vliesofix today from spotlight so I can finish it off (plus got some more fabric ssshhhh hehehe).

Maybe a skirt for Maia as well, she's had a growth spurt and although her old skirts and dresses (the size 0 ones lol) still fit her, they are getting a little short, so she often just runs around in a t-shirt/singlet and nappy/undies/nudie bum. Not sure everyone else at the campground will be as happy for her to run around nudie all the time as we are ;)

Phew - that is so much! I'm sure I can get it done though, five more sleeps til total relaxation that's what's driving me, ahhhhhhhh can't wait!!!

No comments: