Sunday, January 6, 2008

Why you should never delete anything from a memory card without checking 100 times that you have it saved elsewhere...

It's official, I am an eeediot. A few weeks ago I was cleaning up the memory card, because I got sick of all the different folders on there from when we swapped the card into other cameras - I could never remember which folder was the one to look in, so I deleted what I thought were folders we didn't need anymore.

On Friday night I realised that one of those folders I deleted, was in fact a very important folder, it was the folder that had all our pics of London, Nickster and Mark's wedding, all pics of Vicky, Chris and Georgia, all the holiday pics from London, China etc and all pics we had taken of the kids from about March until now :( :(

I just about cried when I realised what I had done :( Such a stupid thing to do for something so important - it's not like you can get pictures like that back. Luckily we had the SLR with us while we were travelling so we have some pics, but I think it would have been 100 or more pics that I deleted.

Luckily the NC gals came to the rescue and Rebecca found a program on the internet that restores things off your memory card and yay, some of them can still be restored!!! A lot of the older ones and the ones from the first part of the trip (the wedding *sniff* and London stuff) are gone. I am relieved to have some of them back though! I wish the new pics I had taken had gone over all of brad's pics of rotton fruit for his uni assignment, that were restored lol.

So I am going to go and buy a couple of new memory cards tomorrow and one will just be for the camera and will not be used for ferrying stuff from the desktop to the laptop etc - just for the camera! I will download all pics regularly and make back-ups - things like this are just too precious to loose!

No comments: