Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The case of the missing ball....


I made a couple of pressies for one of Patrick's friends, as it was his birthday this week. Firstly some denim shorts with animals on the pockets. I did want to have monkey's cos he loves monkey's, but the only monkee fabric I could find was pink and I'm not sure all boys share the same love of pink that Patrick does LOL. Very happy with how they turned out, I even got over my fear of topstitching - glad I did cos I will do it all the time now as it really does look soooo good.

I found a pattern for a ball on a blog somewhere too - will find the link if I can remember where. Awesome way to use up scraps and so easy to make. I did two balls, but Patrick and Maia were helping me stuff them, and somehow, one of the balls has managed to find a home with all the missing pens, single socks, puzzle pieces and rechargable batteries. I turned the house upside down and I couldn't find that damn ball, so there was just one for the present in the end.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue was just catching up on your juggling act (you know life, family, sewing, blogging LOL) and came across these shorts - FAB! I was just thinking the other day what gift I could make for some of laith's friends and now you have inspired me. I had better make some for my kids first to practice and find a multi size EASY pattern (oh how I miss Spotlight!). Thanks for inspiring me!

ChopSuey said...

ha ha clo - it certainly is a juggling act lol

The pattern I used for the shorts is Burda 9793. It's pretty straightforward, I made the pockets square and a bit bigger, plus added one on the front - much easier if you sew it on before sewing the legs together as I found out ;) I use the longer leg style for Patrick, just without the elastic at the bottom - it's a good length for him at 5 and I think will last for ages. I also used it as a base for the ballet shorts, just made the legs shorter and took out the front pockets by making the fronts square rather than rounded for the pocket and extended the top and folded it over rather than a seperate waistband.

Sue x