Friday, February 1, 2008

What a week!!!!!!

This week just wasn't meant to be, it really should be erased from my memory in case I suffer PTSD because of it! It all started on Monday really, when I spent half the day researching and buying a coffee machine. I'd been wanting one forever and the lure of long weekend sales finally made the decision for me. I really couldn't afford the time off work, but I knew that Brad wouldn't be working until Tuesday night, so I figured I could catch up on Tuesday. That was the start of it really. Brad was actually called in to work on Monday night and ended up working until 11am Tuesday, so plans to work on Tuesday went out the window as he went to bed as soon as he got home.

The rest of the day was chaos, shyte car trip to newy with the kids constantly fighting, nightmare shopping mission, then the clock in the kitchen was wrong and I missed the post cut off, so any work I did get done was a waste of time cos I didn't get posted *sigh*. Then more fun fun fun, about 9pm Maia started vomitting, the biggest one I think I have ever seen, poor thing was so upset and then I had to spend half an hour cleaning up - yukko! Soooooooo not much sleep Tuesday night cleaning vomy and looking after sad Maia, plus Brad was only supposed to work til midnight, but he ended up working til 8am, so that blew Wednesday for my work as well. Maia being sick meant I couldn't visit some friends and their new bubbas on Wednesday either :(

Wednesday was shyte as expected, trying to keep kiddies happy and quiet while Brad slept, but to top off the crapness, I flooded the bathroom when I was filling the bath up and not paying enough attention to what I was doing arrrrggghhhhh. I only realised when the water started dripping through the light fitting in the kitchen!!!!! Lucky it was the light over the sink LOL.

Thursday started out well but went to the crapper after my trip to newy was a complete waste of time and my stress levels were hitting the roof. I had to pick some stuff up to finish off some orders that really should have gone Tuesday or Wednesday except for the previous days stress meltdowns, but the two people I needed to pick stuff up from weren't home. I couldn't ring them on the way to check whether they would be there because I left my phone at home and just presumed they would be cos they always are (except for today waaaahhhh) so my whole trip was a complete waste of two and a half hours and I wasn't able to get the orders out and I had to drag the kiddies back to newcastle later in the day to pick the stuff up. Plus Maia slept for some of the way in the car so she didn't want to go to sleep, so Patrick didn't want to cos she was away and they were both still up at 10pm!

Today wasn't looking too bad, until I realised while I was packing Maia's daycare stuff and realised that she didn't have daycare cos I changed the bloody day til Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that was two days of daycare this week that she had missed, neither of which we could afford the time or money for her to miss - although not much choice about the public holiday on Monday ;) Crap, crap and more crap!!!!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY REALLY hope that next week is going to perk up, not sure how much longer the stress free moto is going to hold for at this rate. So right now thinking happy stress free thoughts and wondering how I am going to hold it all together. My super organised plan doesn't work very well when Brad's shifts change at the drop of a hat, so I probably should just presume that I won't have his help at all any time in the next eight weeks and any help I do get is a bonus. I was looking at flylady the other night and wonderfing if that would help, but I can't launch in with babysteps - I don't have a month to get things cranking on the organisation, super mum, super business owner thing, I need it to be NOW! Plus I'm not a good morning person, but I gotta try something or I will crack it for sure *insert hysterical laughter here*.

Right, best get into the nights work as the sounds coming from the kiddies room are starting to fade, maybe I will get lucky and they will actually go to sleep at a reasonable hour tonight. Here's hoping!

No comments: