Saturday, February 2, 2008

I'm a flybaby!

Well after posting last night on NC asking for advice from the flylady gurus, I have decided to officially give it a go. Anything has got to help at this point! Of course I couldn't possibly follow the babysteps as they have given it - all you are supposed to do for the first day is shine your sink, then on the second day, get straight up in the morning and have a shower and get dressed inc shoes (jandals or leather jandals if I am feeling extravagent for me though). Then you start reading two mins a day of the numerous emails they send you etc etc. I just kinda crammed the first week into the first day, but I am pretty sure I can handle it ;)

It was wonderful this morning to get up and find a totally clean kitchen and no crap all over the benches, with dishes to make me shudder, I really did feel better about the day from the beginning. Best thing was that we were all dressed, had brekky, cleaned up, I did some knitting on Patricks bag and we went on a long walk to the park and a play, all before 10am, when we would usually just be getting out of our jimmy's!

Trying to keep Brad on task is a different story though, I have *reminded* him (he calls it nagging) to put the dishes in the dishwasher as soon as they are finished with several times already, plus he has this really bad habit of leaving tins and milk bottles etc by the sink to get washed out before putting in the recycling.

Hopefully I'll get into some good habits and will be able to reduce some stress! I'll update in a week or so how I am going :)

No comments: