Thursday, February 28, 2008

One last post before bed

I've had a late but exciting night, well OK that's a small white lie - for most people not that exciting but I am very excited about my achievement of progressing through the world's longest to-do list, as I have just finished putting the wing snaps on a HUGE pile of nappies that have needed their snaps for at least six months *blush*. Everything got so overwhelming at one stage, I figured I could just snap the nappies as people buy them, to make my life easier. It kind of works that way, except for Murphy's Law and it is always the way, that I'll get 5 orders all on one day for nappies that need snaps and I end up stressing out. I'm very glad my no stress moto combined with the flying organisation is helping to relieve the stress :D

I'm also waiting for a phone call from the UK as it's morning/lunch time there, so while I wait I figured I might share yet some more pics rofl - I did warn about the exceptional number of photos already ;)

The other day Patrick and Maia were playing in my fabric stash, making tents or something else exciting. Maia was particularly attached to a certain piece of fabric and she kept coming up to me saying pleeeeeease mummy make me a pwetty skirt. She actually took things into her own hands at one stage, sitting down with her piece of fabric and the pin cushion, trying to make her own skirt. As luck for Maia would have it, the tiered skirt I had sitting in my cut out, needing to be sewn up pile, was actually using that same fabric, so I obliged and made her 'a pwetty'.

I first saw this skirt on Tikki's blog and thought it looked great. It's more of a ruffle skirt than a tiered skirt I guess - not up with the correct lingo, so please excuse me if I don't get it right ;) - although it does have two tiers. Super easy and quick to make and looks fantastic too, The tutorial is really easy to follow. It says that it is for size 5-6, but Maia is more like a 1-2 and it fits her fine - I cut a little off the edges, but no more than a couple of cm each side. I put snaps on the elastic in the waistband and left a little opening so that I can adjust it later if need be.


Maia loves her skirt sooooo much, her new most favourite clothing item. She asked for it to come off the washing line this afternoon so she could wear it again - please excuse the food covered and mis-matching shirt ;) After the bath I put it back in her basket and she pulled it out and asked to wear it to bed! She currently has it on over her longies LOL


And this pic just because Maia wanted to me take a picture of the back of the prwetty skirt while she was upside down.

Oooooh I just realised where I found the pattern for the balls, it is the same blog as the ruffled skirt - ace! http://grandrevivaldesign.typepad.com/ballpattern1000.pdf

No comments: