Monday, March 24, 2008

Challenge Update

Last week was a joke of a challenge due to a few things. I broke the golden rule of budget shopping - no menu plan, plus I took the kids with me in the afternoon when they were hungry and I rushed so I could get them out of there, meaning I had to go back the next day because I forgot stuff, which I did when I was hungry, so got a few impulse buys ;) Brad also went to Sydney for the day on Saturday, so needed car snacks, plus lunch to have down there and something to take to the BBQ, plus it was easter and the eggs were bought at the supermarket and as if we could go past hot cross buns. I was going to make some, but with Brad working so many hours last week, we were both tired and opted for the easy option. All up, $170 for the week, so $120 over budget hahaha.

Given this is the last week of the month, I am going to make MUCH more of an effort this week, I really want to crack the $50, but the pantry is already low, so not sure we can make it til Sunday. Off to menu plan now, so hopefully I can make it work!

No comments: