Saturday, March 15, 2008

Nothing finished yet damn it!

Brad has been working 12-14 hour days and has worked the last 10 days straight, with another 6 to go, so not much happening on the 'spare time' projects, due to almost zero spare time. It's always a fun juggling act this wahm caper, especially in a busy work month and made all the more complicated by a phantom hubby ;)


Never mind, I will get everything done eventually! I have nearly finished Maia's skirt though - that's why I love knitting, you can take it with you and a quick 5 mins here and there means progress to be made, slowly but surely. I just have the PITA side of all those lovely stripes - masses of ends to be woven in, but a pic is coming soon :)


I failed again on our $50 challenge, I've spent $67 already and it's not even the end of the week. I was just going to get a couple of things, but I hate supermarkets and figured while I was already there I could just shop for the week. That is very dangerous without a menu plan though - I am pretty sure I could have come closer to the $50 had I meal planned and got only what we actually needed. I think I will end up with extra veg, that we will use just for the sake of using it up. $67 is still not bad though, so I'm not too worried about it.


Just had to post this very cute pic of Maia too. She is such a delicate little thing, normally happy, cruisy and content - that is until you tell her something she doesn't want to hear lol. We have been trying to get 'the look' on camera for a few months now, cos it is pretty funny, but she usually starts smiling when I get the camera out. I was already photographing something this morning when she did the look, so I got it before she changed expression - it's classic. This is a mild version after I told her she had to use the potty if she wanted to keep her big girl undies on - she wasn't so keen ;)

1 comment:

Ying said...

LOL at Maia's expression, she looks so grown up now :)

BTW, you've been tagged hon :)